1. About UsYour relationship is with 12677776 CANADA LTD. When this policy talks about 'EMERGE Virtual Care', 'us', 'we' or ‘our’, it means 12677776 CANADA LTD. Our website and App provide information services and digital healthcare software services through our digital healthcare tools (such as Virtual Care feature). As health information custodians, healthcare providers may also be subject to legislative and professional requirements that govern their management of your information.
2. Information We CollectWe use the following categories of personal data: Personal details When you register with us, you complete your health profile and provide us with basic information about yourself, such as your name, date of birth, physical address and email address. You may also provide us health card number/provincial health insurance number for the purposes of the healthcare provider bill the public health system. You are responsible for the accuracy of the information that you provide to us. Health and medical information The main type of information we hold about you is health and medical information: information about your health, symptoms, treatments, consultations and sessions, medications and procedures. This includes details of your consultations with our doctors. We get some of this information directly from you, when you register with us and when you use our healthcare services. We do not retain recordings of our consultations, but we do retain records of interactions with you. To monitor our service quality, we may retain records of when you contact our support teams via email or phone.
3. Provision of the EMERGE Virtual Care Platform
- We collect and use your Information to register you, create your Personal Profile, authenticate you when you log in into the EMERGE Virtual Care Platform.
- We collect your provincial health card number in order to the healthcare provider of your choice can bill provincial health plans for those services that are eligible for coverage by provincial health plans.
- You may choose to enter and store your Information in the EMERGE Virtual Care Platform such as your medical conditions, and allergies.
- We use Information that you enter, or which is created as part of an interaction with an Authorized Healthcare Provider to make it available to you when you access your Personal Profile.
- We may use Information for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes, and to comply with regulatory and legal requirements.
4. Technical Information and AnalyticsWhen you use our App or visit our website, we may automatically collect the following information where this is permitted by your device or browser settings:
- Technical information, including the address used to connect your mobile phone or other device to the Internet, your login information, system and operating system platform type and version, device model, browser or app version, time zone setting, language and location preferences, wireless carrier and your location (based on IP address); and information about your visit (such as when you first used the App and when you last used it, and the total number of sessions you have had on that App), including products and services you viewed or used, App response times and updates, interaction information (such as button presses or the times and frequency of your interactions with the communications we deliver to you in the App or otherwise) and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Cookies and similar technologies may be used to collect this information, such as your interactions with our services. You can change your device settings to block cookies, or to notify you before a cookie is set. If you block cookies, you may not be able to use all the features of our App. You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser or your mobile phone. This technical information is not linked to your medical record. Your health information is not analyzed to target you with advertising services.
At EMERGE, we collect certain data from our users' mobile phones, such as GPS location, camera, images and files, Bluetooth, and audio, in order to provide a more personalized and effective healthcare experience. This data is only collected with the user's explicit consent and is used solely for the purpose of providing virtual care services through our platform. We take the privacy and security of our users' data very seriously and are committed to ensuring that it is used in a responsible and transparent manner.
6. Personal Information ProtectionEMERGE Virtual Care takes the security of your information seriously. We store your information in electronic format within Canada. More generally, we have in place appropriate technological, and organizational safeguards to protect Information against loss, theft, and unauthorized access, use and disclosure. As mentioned, EMERGE Virtual Care employees are obligated to protect Information by adhering to our policies, practices and applicable laws. You also play an important role in protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your Information. For example:
- Create a strong and unique password for your Personal Profile and update it periodically.
- Do not share your Personal Profile or password with anyone. We will never ask you for your password, including in any unsolicited communication such as letters, phone calls or email messages, so please contact us if you receive such a request.
- Log out of your Personal Profile once you are finished using it, especially if you share your Device with anyone else.
- Have a strong and unique password on your Device.
- Choose a quiet, private location from which to receive services from Authorized Healthcare Providers.