EMERGE Virtual Care Privacy NoticeLast Updated March 30th, 2021 This notice explains how we collect, use and disclose your personal health data when you use our healthcare services and products in Canada, or visit or use the EMERGE Virtual Care App. If you have any questions about how we process your information, please don't hesitate to get in touch by contacting our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Information We CollectWe use the following categories of personal data: Personal details When you register with us, you complete your health profile and provide us with basic information about yourself, such as your name, date of birth, physical address and email address. You may also provide us health card number/provincial health insurance number for the purposes of the healthcare provider bill the public health system. You are responsible for the accuracy of the information that you provide to us. Health and medical information The main type of information we hold about you is health and medical information: information about your health, symptoms, treatments, consultations and sessions, medications and procedures. This includes details of your consultations with our doctors. We get some of this information directly from you, when you register with us and when you use our healthcare services. We do not retain recordings of our consultations, but we do retain records of interactions with you. To monitor our service quality, we may retain records of when you contact our support teams via email or phone.
2. Provision of the EMERGE Virtual Care Platform
- We collect and use your Information to register you, create your Personal Profile, authenticate you when you log in into the EMERGE Virtual Care Platform.
- We collect your provincial health card number in order to the healthcare provider of your choice can bill provincial health plans for those services that are eligible for coverage by provincial health plans.
- You may choose to enter and store your Information in the EMERGE Virtual Care Platform such as your medical conditions, and allergies.
- We use Information that you enter, or which is created as part of an interaction with an Authorized Healthcare Provider to make it available to you when you access your Personal Profile.
- We may use Information for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes, and to comply with regulatory and legal requirements.
- To request Virtual Care, you need to describe the symptoms relevant to your request. You may also specify whether you’re seeking to renew a prescription or obtain a sick note. We facilitate your disclosure to the selected Authorized Healthcare Provider of that information, along with age and name to determine whether your request is eligible. Once the selected Healthcare Provider confirms that your request is eligible, we disclose the remaining of your information saved on your profile with the selected Healthcare Provider. Unless you have elected not fill your information in the EMERGE Virtual Care Platform about you, the selected Authorized Health Care Provider will be able to view it too.
- We may collect location data through the use of GPS technology and your IP address where applicable to services you have requested, e.g., show nearby providers. We also use your IP address for security purposes, e.g., presenting you with information about your account activity in your account settings..
4. Personal Information ProtectionEMERGE Virtual Care takes the security of your information seriously. We store your information in electronic format within Canada. More generally, we have in place appropriate technological, and organizational safeguards to protect Information against loss, theft, and unauthorized access, use and disclosure. As mentioned, EMERGE Virtual Care employees are obligated to protect Information by adhering to our policies, practices and applicable laws. You also play an important role in protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your Information. For example:
- Create a strong and unique password for your Personal Profile and update it periodically.
- Do not share your Personal Profile or password with anyone. We will never ask you for your password, including in any unsolicited communication such as letters, phone calls or email messages, so please contact us if you receive such a request.
- Log out of your Personal Profile once you are finished using it, especially if you share your Device with anyone else.
- Have a strong and unique password on your Device.
- Choose a quiet, private location from which to receive services from Authorized Healthcare Providers.